Beijing Longqing Gorge Ice Sculpture & Lantern Tour
Regular Tour Dates
Custom-made Tour Price
CCC does not presently offer regular set packages for this tours/classes. However we are happy to help you plan a private tour/class. Please click the tab "Custom-made tour" or "Private Class/Event" to check prices and propose a date and your own group.
Private Custom-made Tour Prices:
Private custom-made Tour Price:
1 participant RMB2300/ each
2 participants RMB1250/ each
3 participants RMB 980/ each
4 participants RMB 860/ each
5 participants RMB 750/ each
6 participants RMB 680/ each
7-8 participants RMB 630/ each
9-10 participants RMB 580/ each
11-14 participants RMB 520/ each
15-20 participants RMB 420/ each
20 participants RMB 350/ each
It includes Englis-speaking guide, private transportation, entrance ticket and soft drink.
1. CCC is an internationally licensed travel agency,
providing high quality service and tour trips in an informative and
friendly environment. Our tours has no forced shopping stops or hidden
costs. The tour schedule is not rushed and it is aimed at providing
you with a stress-free enjoyable experience.
2. Our guides and experts are well selected and trained and only
work for CCC. They are well-educated, friendly, caring and relaxed
compared to the guides working for the mainstream travel companies
3. CCC has established a solid reputation among the expatriate
communities living in China for over a decade. Our clients includes
the local expat community, their visiting families and friends and
any other travelers to China. CCC trips maintains a well-mixed,
like-minded and amiable travelers from all over the world.
4. CCC tours have routes and destinations designed for visitors
to China as well as walks and excursions that are geared toward
expats and cater to their specific interests and schedules.
5. CCC also caters for private tours and the tour group is able
to personalize the tour arrangement with added classes or workshops
with our friendly CCC consultants.
6. Booking is easy. Just register online and pay by bank or credit
Now just sit back, relax and let us take
you on a journey.
Beijing Longqing Gorge (Longqingxia) is best known in winter for its outdoor gallery of massive blocks of ice carved into animals and figures of all shapes and sizes. When illuminated at night they create one of those rare must-see-to-experience visuals. The mountains around the gorge will also be illuminated, forming a lighting Great Wall - a beautiful background for the Ice Lantern Wonderland in the middle basin. Performances and toboggan add to the festival's fun. Longqing' s winter wonderland is a fun option for families who want to spend the day somewhere close, cheap and more comfortable than biting Harbin.
It starts from mid January till mid of February, but with yearly temperatures rising, the festival's window is getting smaller, so make sure you call ahead to check exact dates if you go on your own. Over 400 ice sculptures made by both Chinese and foreign artists are exhibited there. Minority ethnic songs and dances are presented on the central stage.
1. Wear shoes with friction. It is slippery.
2. Wear warm enough because you will visit at night in the mountain area, which is colder than Beijing
3. Not a lot of walking or climbing is involved. It is sutable for both children and senior citizens.
4. It's a good idea to pack yourself a picnic since there are no food & hot drink stalls, only two mediocre touristic restaurants nearby.
5. All cars and buses have to stop at the parking area, which is quite some distance to the entrance, and transfer via their golf cars (RMB 10 two ways transport) to the park. Or you have to walk 20 minutes in the cold dark night.
For minimal hassle, book a place on a tour with CCC , which includes transport, hot drinks, entrance fee, golf car ticekt.
Bus leaves from the China Culture Center, Chaoyang District, Beijing, and returns to CCC the same night at around 10pm.
http://www.chinaculturecenter.org/album/albumlist.php?classid=392 >> more pictures
Distance: 80 kilometers (56 miles) north of Beijing center.
Drive time: 1.5-2 hours
Admission fee: RMB 100
How to get there: Badaling Expressway (past the Badaling Great Wall exit), Yanqing district, Beijing (6919 1020)